Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Extra tall bar stools?

Posted by CKGM (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 25, 12 at 18:12

We are finishing our kitchen remodel and realizing our bar top is a tad too high. We need bar stools that are two inches higher than normal since our top is 44 inches tall. Looked around but nothing is catching my eye. Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Extra tall bar stools?

We need bar stools that are two inches higher than normal

What height do they need to be? How tall are normal stools?

According to a this site the average height is 23", 26", and/or 30". Big difference!

Have you tried looking at Google Images for barstools? If you can find one you like, and then hover cursor over the pic, you can then find out where they are available.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Google images for barstools

o

I have searched all over the internet and found only one that I can afford. There are lots that are 30inches high which is standard. Standard bar height is 30 but I would need a 32. Most bars are 40-42 inches high. Mine is 2 inches higher.

o

Might you have a pic of the 'one' you found that you could afford and I assume you liked?

Have you tried calling all the more local places to see if they had any 32" available, or if they could order them for you a bit taller. That would save a lot of headaches and running.

If you can't find anything that you 'really like' I'd suggest just getting something cheap that will do you for now, until you find the perfect ones for your remodel.

If you have a pic, you might also try asking at Home Decor as well as at The Kitchen Forum, if you haven't asked there yet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Google images 32

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here