Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help! Hancock & Moore + Herman Miller = What Office Chair

Posted by wearybuilder (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 29, 09 at 18:02

We are desperate to find a good office chair. We thought we wanted Hancock & Moore. DH tried a few styles at a local furniture store and was very disappointed that he didn't feel like his lower back had much support.

So, we decided we should look at ergonomic-type chairs like Herman Miller. DH kinda liked the Mirra and the Aeron, but wasn't shouting "hooray! Let's take 2!"

So, can anyone out there help us with either a Hancock & Moore style that has nice lower back support (and good seating area); OR any other tips besides what we've tried?

If it matters, we're trying to fit both of us if possible and we are in the 5'10-6' range and in the upper 200 lbs.

Thanks for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help! Hancock & Moore + Herman Miller = What Office C

Do you have a used office furniture dealer near you. I have a Steelcase Think Chair that I believe runs hundreds, for $75. Ergonomic and very comfortable. I'm not petite, either.

o

I have not one, but two of these H*M desk chairs. One at home, and one at my office. Perfect for me, but YMMV.

Here is a link that might be useful: H&M Desk Chair

o

OP here...

goldgirl: I'll have to double check--good idea!

collector: Thanks! I'll run it past DH. It's hard to fork out lots of $$$$ for a chair you haven't sat on personally.

What do you think of the idea of getting a HM chair, and having a small pillow at the back?

o

H&M will custom make a lumbar pillow for you on request, or can actually customize the chair and add padding in the lower back. But you really do want to try out a stock one first, before customizing one. I ordered mine sight unseen (the first one) and thought it good enough to get a second one for home, but your husband may be looking for a particular fit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here