Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laurahead108

Natuzzi sofas, made in China

laurahead
16 years ago

I've read a ton of posts about Natuzzi sofas, most of which review those made during the time their manufacturing had just moved to China. Can anybody give me a sense of their quality now that they've been made in China for a couple of years?

Thanks,

laura

Comments (7)

• Jill
    6 years ago

I wish I had seen this before I purchased a Natuzzi couch and love seat. Such Shabby workmanship and several damages.

• Jill
    6 years ago

I thought I was purchasing high end Italian couches. I had no idea they were made in China and two of them had abrasions on the arms down to the very core. The second one had crushed leather from the careless wrapping and the leather was put on very shabbily and not laying nicely, Bother were exchanged by the store. The third one had more minor damages probably due to the handling, but the workmanship and how the leather was put on in a corner was irregular. Now I'm stuck and disappointed because the prices were so high. Buyer beware!

• Laurie Curran
    6 years ago

I purchased a couch and love seat in 5-2015 and paid $4500 thinking I was getting a high quality Italian manufactured product. I know have figured out they were made in China. Within a year the cushions are sunk in and my extended warranty does not cover it. The cheaper couches I purchased at Value City previously have worn much better. I'm disgusted with the fact I paid so much money for a made in China piece of crap.

• Carolyn Cox
    last year

Any Natuzzi made in China is “Natuzzi Editions” whereas there are higher end Natuzzi Italia stores that sell product made in Italy. Cannot speak to their quality now but I bought leather couch/love seat/chair combo (I know, not cool any more) back in 1986 and they are still beautifully holding up except for where one of my dogs repeatedly scratched one of the cushions trying to “nest.” I ordered the style and the color and finish of the leather, waited 6 months (i think. 1986 was long ago) and they arrived without any defects.

• ann BOLLHEIMER
    8 months ago

Bite your tong.

Natuzzi Italia furniture is well made, high end furniture, made in Italy. Show rooms are in Chicago and Philadelphia. This is not the same as Natuzzi "Editions" sold at discount stores and made in China and elsewhere.

• D Lange
    2 months ago

I've purchased Natiuzzi (Italy) years ago and it was the best sofa I've ever owned. When I moved to Texas I decided to buy Natuzzi again. I bought at Texas Leather Store and it is the worst most uncomfortable furniture I've ever wasted money on. The store sent a furniture repair man over to replace the seat cushions as they gave us back aches. When he took the furniture apart I saw it was made in CHINA! There's not enough filling in the arm pieces so you feel the wood frame & same on foot rest - not enough filling so you feel metal frame.
    Make sure you buy Italian MADE not China!!