Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
massagegirl_gw

What the heck does this mean?!....

massagegirl
13 years ago

4 weeks ago I placed an order with a privately owned store, to have a custom couch made by Four Seasons. I would have felt more comfortable doing business with a large chain store, but I wanted something specific and the chain stores had nothing to my liking.

When I placed the order I was told the couch would be ready in 6 weeks. I was assured that FS runs on time and there shouldn't be any delays. This matched the info I received from an internet retailer who I was thinking of ordering the couch from, so I believed them.

A week ago (3 weeks after having placed the order) I received a swatch from the manufacturer in an envelope, with no note. I had no idea how the manufacturer got my address or why they sent the swatch, but I took it to mean that they must have just begun to make the couch and sent me a cut of the fabric as a courtesy.

Today, (4 weeks after having placed the order and 2 weeks away from receiving the couch) I got a very quick message from the store, casually mentioning that my couch is "back-ordered" at the manufacturer's and it will not be delivered until the end of May.

WHAT? There's a big difference between 6 weeks and 15 weeks. The end of May? Are they kidding? And how the heck is something that is being custom made "back-ordered"?

Now I have to find another store in my state that sells FS so that I can order the couch from them. I no longer trust this store to do business with them. If they lied once, who is to say that they won't lie again, 15 weeks later? Of course, when I called to cancel my order I got the answering machine. I placed 50% of the price of the couch on my credit card. I'm hoping that I will have credit card protection.

Someone, anyone... What's really going on here? I don't have much experience with buying furniture and this is really upsetting

Thanks

Comments (4)