Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
repair wood patio furniture

Posted by jill6718 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 30, 07 at 16:00

We made the mistake of buying some non-teak (noayta?) patio furniture several years ago and not sealing it. It is now seperating. Is there a decent exterior-grade adhesive that we can use on the chairs and table to repair them? This is only a short-term solution so we can hopefully get another season out of the set.

I plan on either sealing them or painting them once the repairs are made. I hesitate to use nails or screws since the wood may split.

Thanks for any advice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: repair wood patio furniture

Epoxy.

Gorilla Glue is exterior rated, but makes a mess, a big mess if you use too much as most people do until they get used to it.

Your instinct to avoid nails or screws is good. It concentrates stresses and almost always does more harm than good.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here