Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White Leather??

Posted by SharonaZamboni (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 15, 12 at 15:47

I found an off white leather set that is super comfortable and I think it's a really good price. How hard will it be to keep the furniture looking good? Will I regret the white with a dog and a toddler grandson around?

Here is a link that might be useful: Pic of sofa and chair

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White Leather??

Nope!!....I bought a white sofa, love seat and ottoman 13 years ago....dog....visiting dogs, 7 grandkids and lots of company.
If it had been fabric it would have been trashed....leather wipes off.....chocolate, red wine, kid and dog poop, chocolate and newsprint.....all washes off easily.
Go for it!

o

Depends on the leather. Natural, or untreated leather, might be more likely to stain (at least according to my understanding of it). Semi-aniline, or treated leather, will still look nice, and be supple (maybe not as supple as full aniline, untreated leather, but it will still be comfortable and feel nice), and it will resist stains better (maybe less likely to show wear, too?).

We chose a good grade of treated leather for both of our leather sectionals (both are black leather). Both couches are comfy and look great, and we hope will continue to look and feel great for many years to come. We like having the added protection and peace-of-mind afforded us by the semi-aniline leather.

o

Clean it once a year with a leather cleaner appropriate to the leather (pigmented or aniline) and then condition it once a year as well. Usually a white leather is not a full aniline leather (all natural) usually a white leather is pigmented (sort of coated with a finish almost like paint) or semi aniline coated lightly).Semi aniline or pigmented leathers clean up fairly easily. A quick test run a wet finger across the leather if there is no absorption of the water it is usually not a full aniline leather.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here