Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Century - Oscar de la Renta Dining Table with Jupe Mechanism

Posted by annmarie62 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 2, 07 at 15:43

Any opinions? How is Century Quality these days, not sure if it is worth the money? Read an earlier posting about their upholstery . . . wasn't a good review.

Here is a link that might be useful: Oscar Dining Table

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Century - Oscar de la Renta Dining Table with Jupe Mechanism

If you've checked out Karges, Decorative Crafts, Stickley and such? You could even check out someone like Frank Pollaro. If you like Century, and the table is solid wood, or a beautiful veneer, the mechanism works smoothly, and the carved feet look crisp and well executed, then I don't see why this piece wouldn't be a heirloom.

o

May I suggest considering the Jupe dining table by Theodore Alexander at althorplivinghistory.

o

Well thanks . . . I just got a price on the Table . . . not interested in paying that much just for the table . . . Have looked at Althorp, just not sure on the quality and I don't think it expands to 84". We are looking at the Rep-li.ca line . . by Theodore Alexander it opens to 84 and 90 . . . but just not sure about Theodore Alexander, I have been told the wait time on the line is months . . not just 8 weeks.

o

We have the Theodore Alexander table and it is exquisite. The quality is beyond compare. The finish is excellent. The price however, is outrageous. What is really cool is the cabinet that holds the leaves.

Anyway happy shopping!

o

Bellamay . . . Do you mind me asking how much you paid . . . I think we are going to go with this one, just so I have a comparison ... Did you get the Mahogany finish or the pollard burl? expanding to 84 or 90"

We are going w/ 84 b/c I have the table pads already (long story)

Thanks Ann Marie

o

I also would be interested to learn prices on any of these tables!

o

Jupe table price .....

at a guess 25 K + ???

anyone know if I can buy the mechanism alone ?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here