Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
CR Laine Sofa Seat Depth

Posted by nisey (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 24, 09 at 15:21

Just purchased a sofa from CR Laine through local furniture retailer. I specifically selected a sofa that specified a seat depth of 21 inches since I am 5'3" and wanted to be able to sit back and have my feet touch the floor. From my readings, I had the impression that seat depth was measured from the front of the cushion to the seat back (this is a tight back sofa).

The sofa arrived and seat depth is 26". The initial feedback when I called the furniture retailer to check was the measurement is as I understood (depth of seat cushion - retailer's response based on checking with CR Laine). Now, CR Laine rep has called back a second time to state the measurement is from front of cushion to the front of the pillows. These are throw pillows that do come standard with the sofa (ie called throw pillows in their catalog).

Anyone else have experience with or knowledge of the appropriate measurements who can shed some light?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: CR Laine Sofa Seat Depth

If it is a scatter back sofa, like the C.R. Laine #1300,the pillows are normally in place behind the users back and the seat depth would be measured to those pillows.

If there are just 2 decorative throw pillows, as on their #1200, the depth would be measured to the tight back.

Here is a link that might be useful: C.R. Laine sofas

o

Thank you for the reply, Furnone. I will have to check their catalog again to see if it explains that and I missed it. I ordered the #7520 sofa. With what you are saying, if I had ordered the #8520 sofa I would have gotten exactly what I wanted. Measurements aren't apples to apples on their product.

I thought pillows that were considered part of the seat back were referred to as bolster pillows. Education after the fact is the pits, isn't it?

Thanks again for your explanation.

o

Other than this issue how do you like your CR Laine? Could you give a short review (cushions firmness you ordered etc.) for future potential buyers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here