Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Who sells the best memory foam furniture or sofa?

Posted by PotatoDigger (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 15, 13 at 15:12

I have a Charles Schneider Memory Foam sofa and love it, however I want even more memory foam in my cushion. It has 2" and I want 4". The small general store that sold it to me went out of business so I am now forced to purchase online.

Can any of my Garden Web poster help me out? What other companies make memory foam furniture and blue gel memory foam?

I Googled Best memory foam furniture and mostly mattresses came up.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Who sells the best memory foam furniture or sofa?

Because memory foam doesnt provide any seating support in a sofa, thats why its only used as a topper; usually only the first 1 to 2 inches.

o

rmanbike,

Thanks for the input. Yes it is not a solid memory foam cushion. If it was solid memory foam it might be too soft? IDK I Opened up the Charles cushion and it was 7" of white foam with blue gel memory foam wrapped around the core.

The sofa I have now is considerably more comfortable, it is like a Tempurepedic sofa. I have a bad back and the few inches of memory foam helped relieve a lot of pain and discomfort. I am just wondering if I had even more memory foam it would make my back feel even better.

At this point in my life, having dealt with pain for so long I am going to try every non medical avenue I can. I have a feeling that if I was 100lbs lighter the cushion would be perfect, so i guess I might not need twice the thickness but twice the density? If only this was a foam expert forum. lol

o

PotatoDigger, have you tried like a gel-pad placed over the seat cushion and also memory foam pads is good at relieving pressure points.
Not knowing the source of your pain, im just wondering if you in any physical therapy for your back problems?
I find that keeping my strength up in the back and legs, along with a bit of physical exercise= pedal or elliptical bike does wonders for relieving pain and discomfort.

Here is a link that might be useful: good technical information on foam

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here