Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pennylayne111_gw

ClubFurniture.com

pennylayne111
14 years ago

My husband & I are about to purchase our first home, and we'll be needing new sofas. I have been looking at all the usual suspects, but also am curious about www.clubfurniture.com

After browsing this site, it seems like ALL the posts relating to this company are from one individual (perhaps she works for them)? I'm curious if anyone else has had an experience ordering from them. Would love feedback!

Thanks!

Comments (19)

• kateskouros
    14 years ago

if you're referring to my posts i can assure you i do not work for them. you can also read that i don't own any of their furniture but was considering the purchase of a bed, before deciding to go in a different direction. i merely directed a few people to their site after reading requests for a certain style bed which they have for substantially less. once again, i don't have any of their pieces; only know what i've read from this site. if the number of posts seem excessive i can attribute that to my frequency on this site (of which i have been a member for many years) due to the large amount of furnishings i need to purchase for our new (large) build.

• salonv
    14 years ago

I will jump in here and say I do not think it's you katekouros- I recognize your name from many of the other forum. I have been lurking here for a bit as well; this forum doesn't get much traffic:( but anyway if I do a search on clubfurniture there seems to be another poster who pretty much as best I can see- only posts about clubfurniture. Their website is very impressive but I agree with pennylane - would love to hear from anyone else who might have experience with them. I am so reluctant to order upholstery that I haven't rested my butt in !!!

• pennylayne111
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Kateskouros, it definitely isn't you that I'm referring to :)...
    I went ahead and ordered fabric swatches from clubfurniture.com and they arrived within a few days and exceeded my expectations. I'm still hesitant though -so far, it seems nobody on this forum has actually purchased from this site. Still hoping for some feedback before I take the plunge!

• kateskouros
    14 years ago

i know it's difficult to purchase without trying something out. i am ready to order a LOT of furniture in the next few weeks sight unseen and definitely not butt-tested! ...two (not inexpensive) sofas and four bar stools from lee, two upholstered beds (one custom) and a set of night stands from van guard and a custom dining table from a woodworker in virginia.

i'm not so concerned with the beds/bar stools/night stands and dining table as i am with the sofas. but i did check the measurements pretty closely as well as sit on a few (higher end) lee pieces i was able to find at a showroom. that made me much more comfortable with the purchase since the sofas and chairs they had were extremely comfortable, vs. the junk available in crate & barrel. (i was surprised i hated it so much as so many here rave). anyway, i guess it depends on what you're looking for.

in all honesty i'm not so sure i would trust a sofa purchase to an internet dealer without a way of seeing any of their merchandise first hand. a bed frame is one thing, but sofas are quite another. i prefer upgraded (down) cushions. and slipcovers. and eight-way-hand-tied springs. and kiln dried hardwood frames. and a really good reputation. i've purchased three sofas and i have to say i've been happy with two, not so much the third -with the exception of the cushions. they are all foam. the first was by sherrill and is 17 years old. it is still in service at my mother in law's house. the frame never squeaks and the springs have held up well. even the cushions are still good even though i prefer the softer down seats now. the other is by hancock and moore and is ten years old. again, frame and springs still in good shape as well as upholstery. just needs a new cleaning. cushions are a bit squished and flattened but i will replace them with new, down filled cushions, have it cleaned and freshened up a bit for my dh's office. the third is a sectional i got on sale from macy's. it was purchased as seating for the kids playroom and i didn't care to investigate it's quality as i knew it would be a "throw away" sofa until we are in our new house. and indeed it is just that: destined to be thrown away. it's junk. frame, bad. cushions, never good. upholstery, falling apart. i spent too much on it but was short on time. if i remember correctly each of these sofas was under $2K.

if you have a budget in mind i would go around to furniture stores in your area and take a look. take note of the measurements of what feels comfortable to you and then maybe take a look at the lee site. i have several good friends who are interior designers as well as one who is a set decorator and they all strongly recommend lee. you can check them out in crate & barrel, but as i said i was not impressed with what they had available from them. plus, the quality of the build is not the same.

good luck. it's harder to buy quality furniture these days!
    p.s.: i don't work for lee, either!

• wmsimons85
    7 years ago

Just about to order from club furniture and still can't find much of this company since this posting!!!

Has anyone here bought a sofa from them?

I am interested in a linen like tight back English arm sofa. Very impressed with their fabric samples.

• JKH
    6 years ago

wmsimons85 - did you end up ordering? I'm also searching for some feedback on this company after eyeing one of their slipcovered sofas on sale today!!

• wmsimons85
    6 years ago

Hi JKH, no sorry. I looked at several companies and I don't even remember why I ruled this company out, it could have been the spring system, but I just don't remember. I ended up buying from a local furniture store , Century sofas.

Good luck with your search!

• Abracadebra
    6 years ago

I, too, would like some feedback on ClubFurniture,com. We're nearly completed with our new construction home and will use several of our existing rooms of beautiful, last-a-lifetime Stickley furniture. I want to put a sofa bed in a spare bedroom, but I don't want to pay the hefty price of Stickley when it will be rarely used. This website offers a very attractive mission sleeper sofa that is a gorgeous knockoff at about 1/3 the price. I just want to make sure of quality construction and comfortable seating even it's not going to be used on a daily basis.

• Cara Mcclure
    6 years ago

Ha ha, I was looking at them too, but ruled them out because there were no reviews!

• HU-617428606
    5 years ago

I purchased a top grain analine leather sofa and ottoman from club furniture back in 2004- and have been very happy with the quality of the items. Comfort is something subjective- so I agree it is a risk to order "sight unfelt." That said, this online company is still around 15 years later which is impressive. I am in the market for a living room set and won't hesitate to use them a second time. Their sales approach is unchanged and they do offer a 30 day return guarantee. i think they hit a sweet spot of price and high quality vs higher end retailers like ethan allen, and restoration hardware.

• mgreica
    4 years ago

I too have been eyeing their beautiful furniture. Their craftsman furnuryure line is beautiful and reasonable. Just hard for me to buy over internet without seeing it and sitting on it.

• tricia79
    4 years ago

I went here in hopes of finding info on this company a few weeks back. I decided to bite the bullet despite the little info out there and after a bad experience at Pottery Barn. I do not regret a thing! The sofa is super comfortable and the fabric feels really nice. Hopefully it will hold up for a long time.

• Marcella Smith
    3 years ago

It is weird that there is still so little on the web about clubfurniture.com. I purchased two Manhattan sofas and a bench from them over 15 years ago. Our poor furniture... we had three little kids, two dogs, two cats, plus I foster mastiffs. The leather has held up. It scratched very easily, but I rub it all down with leather cpr or some other leather cleaner/conditioner type stuff a few times a year, and I think it all looks like used leather should...I choose to call it a patina. Despite one cat’s persistent efforts, the leather has not been fully pierced or torn. A kid or a dog peed on a cushion once, and that has left a water mark that doesn’t full go away. I did not try to treat the leather with scotch guard or anything...probably would’ve been a good idea. The back cushions quickly got smooshed down and sloppy looking - keep in mind boys and their friends were too often climbing around like it was a jungle gym. I bought foam at Joanne fabric and cushion filler and stuffed them up better. It took me a couple hours one evening, and they have looked much better ever since. The seat cushions have been absolutely great. We are moving to a new house, the kids and animals have grown up. I am seriously thinking about a new round of clubfurniture for my new living room as the two sofas won’t fit in the smaller room. We have a sectional from a furniture store in our tv room, and it has not held up nearly as well. I was hoping to see more reviews to see how their quality has evolved over the years, but no one seems to review their furniture. Im happy with it. It is definitely real leather...smells like leather feels like leather, no cracking or peeling. 15 years and in my mind better with age.

• HU-519429322
    3 years ago

I ordered the leather Parker Couch (Pottery Barn Manhattan knock off) about 14 years ago. I am still using it daily. It looks almost new. I also have a Pottery Barn Manhattan chair that has not held up very well. I am about to replace that with the club furniture version. I hope the quality is the same as I have been very happy.

• plazaliz
    last year

Two years after last post and Club Furniture is still up and running and I’ve been looking at reviews, ratings, etc. They have excellent ratings on BBB and other sites that rate online businesses, which they are only able to do through customer feedback so I think I’m going to give them a shot on a sofa, which imo is one of the most difficult pieces to purchase online. However the turnout I’ll try and remember to come back here and update.

• karinpt
    last year

After reading so many dismal reviews on the Pottery Barn 92" Grand sofa and Pottery Barn in general, I am looking at ordering the Charleston 93" Rolled Arm Slip-covered Sofa from Club Furniture but wish I could find more reviews on Club Furniture. It seems there's more reviews on their leather furniture here. I do have a custom-made upholstered sofa (made locally) that is still perfect 20 years later but I'm not willing to spend that kind of money for the family room. The Club Furniture sofa I'm looking at is reduced from $4397 to $2409 right now and includes shipping. I think the normal price on the PB Grand sofa is $2300 so I'm hoping a Club Furniture $4397 sofa is better quality but maybe it's on sale all the time?

• plazaliz
    11 months ago

Update on Club Furniture experience… we couldn’t be happier. I’ve personally never had better customer service, and we’re absolutely thrilled with the sofa. We decided on the 88” Rolled-Arm “Quick-Ship” Slipcovered Darla with standard down-wrapped cushions in classic bleached white washable fabric. It’s soft enough for a nap or curling up with a book but firm enough that it offers low back support. I’m currently looking through the swatches they sent to get another slip cover to switch it up when the mood strikes, and also browsing for one of their swivel chairs to go with the sofa. Everyone who’s seen the sofa likes it and wants to know where we got it. In 30 years I don’t remember a single piece of furniture that has received such enthusiastic feedback from family and friends, 100% thumbs up so far. FWI, because the question was raised in earlier posts, I have no stake in the company, nor has anyone I know. Club Furniture has earned my respect and highest recommendation.

• laura medina
    9 months ago

How disappointing, like others I am looking for new living room furniture and found Club Furniture. I cannot find reviews other than on their site. I tried Trust Pilot and other social media sites but haven't found any reviews from customers.