Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mattress misery

Posted by annova914 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 31, 10 at 14:52

I had no idea it would be so difficult to buy a new mattress set, one that would be comfortable for at least a year! The Serta Firm mattress I purchased over a year ago has been moved to the guest room (had it replaced twice and each mattress sagged after a month and I am not overweight at all). This past January I purchased the C2 Sleep Comfort mattress (it's the one that doesn't show the numbers on the little remote--it was on sale). After 2 months I've noticed a foam rubber odor coming through the bottom sheet and mattress pad. Has anyone else dealt with anything like this? Gee...it used to be so easy to buy a mattress set and have it wear well for several years w/o problems. Is there a mattress set out there that is firm, won't sag and won't cost thousands of dollars???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mattress misery

Since our politicos decided beginning around 1981, to dismantle our industrial base in the name of "free trade" it's hard to buy anything that isn't cheap junk. Even things that are supposedly made in America are only assembled here. I bought a new Maytag washer about a year and a half ago and it has broken down five times. I wish I could get my 20yr old Maytag back. I'd swap even across in a minute. Good luck finding a decent mattress even if you do spend a lot of money.

o

I returned a mattress after about 2 years. It was sagging. It was covered under warranty. I was able to pick something else out. We decided to go "all out" and we chose a Sealy Latex Spring Free mattress. This is the best mattres ever. Since we have a King sized bed, we can turn it 1/4 turn every couple of months and this helps with the wear also. Seriously, never have had a mattress like this. Don't be confused by "memory foam", totally different. This one has a 30 year warranty.

Here is a link that might be useful: Spring Free

o

We've been switching all of ours over to latex. It may compress a little, but nothing like an innerspring mattress, and last for years and years. I've had back issues and have never found anything as supportive as this.

There is an entire forum about picking mattresses that has a great Latex discussion: What's the Best Mattress

Here is a link that might be useful: Whats The Best Mattress Forum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here