|After months of searching for a solid wood bed (not made in China) I came across Durham Furniture. Based on other threads in this forum, I feel confident the quality will be excellent.
My issue now is deciding between two of their product lines
I would appreciate inputs on which one would be a better bet...and something of a timeless style
|We bought the Chateau Fontaine a year and a half ago and love it. I have traditional taste and this does seem timeless to me. A few pictures.|
|I love my Durham Bedroom set since it is so well made, prettier in person than I any picture of saw of it and is solid wood. I have the Royal Cottage in Sand White. If I ever get married and move to a bigger home, I would use my bedroom set for a guest room and buy one of the darker wood sets that have dressers that are wider (would not fit in my current bedroom so I went with the collection that would look best with the smaller room that I have now). I love the Mount Vernon for the stile of the furniture, the placement of the knobs, the choices furniture pieces that you have and the beautiful bed frames that the collection offers. |
The Château Fontaine is very pretty and classic also and looks beautiful in happyhollister's bedroom.
Here is a link that might be useful: Durham Furniture: The Mount Vernon
|Château Fontaine By Durham Furniture Link: |
Very nice also and the quality and beauty is even prettier in person for all Durham Collections I have learned.
Here is a link that might be useful: Château Fontaine By Durham Furniture
|happyhollister, thank you so much for posting those pictures. Your bedroom collection looks wonderful. |
Thank you lyn2006 for the links.
We got to see the quality first hand at the Flemington Dept store. They had the Chateau Fonatine Euro, the Mount Vernon and the Saville Row on display. I must say, we are impressed.
The Mount Vernon Mansion bed is gorgeous (I could go on about it)but, unfortunately it seems like it would overpower our room.
We are now considering the Chateau Fontaine Euro Bed since we liked the lower head board and the side profile (the bed will be placed in a way that you get to see the side first as you enter the room).
Please keep the thoughts coming.
|Lovely traditional bedroom furnitre.Have you seen the traditional bedroom furniture available in the UK. You should check out this site.|
Here is a link that might be useful: sliding wardrobe doors:bedroom furniture:wardrbes:beds
Return to the Furniture Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here