Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katie123456_gw

Medium-Weight Cotton Fabric for Re-Covering Seat Cushions

Katie123456
10 years ago

I'm re-covering the seat cushions on my dining room chairs, and all my favorite fabric options are cotton.

I've read everything I could find on this forum about the subject. The consensus is that 100% cotton is a poor choice for a high-use sofa. But what about chairs that aren't used very often? Don't get me wrong, we do use them--just not that often. We mainly pull them into the kitchen or living room when we need extra chairs. I don't want them to look shabby.

Here's the description of the fabric.: Screen printed on cotton slub duck (has the appearance of linen) this medium weight fabric is very versatile. This fabric is perfect for window treatments (draperies, curtains, valances, and swags), bed skirts, duvet covers, pillow shams, accent pillows, tote bags, aprons, slipcovers and upholstery.

This project isn't costing much in terms of time or money, no matter what fabric I choose. It wouldn't be a disaster if I had to re-do it. But I'd like it to last for awhile--I don't want to go thru the fabric decision again any time soon.

Thanks!

Comments (3)