Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sknair_2010

couch had manufacturing defects but room place will not refund

sknair_2010
14 years ago

On June 16th 2009, I purchased a 6 piece sectional, a dining table set, and down the road a mattress.

The Ottoman of the sectional was structurally sinking by November 09, and this was verified as defective workmanship by the Room Place technician, and was exchanged. Shortly thereafter the whole sectional began to sag, which again ,the Room Place technician verified as manufacturing defect. We were asked to reselect from the store within one week. We "reselected" a two piece sofa/love seat on Jan 28th 2010, and by Feb 24th a Room Place technician was at our place following our complaint that the sofa and love seat were sagging awkwardly and causing back ache. This time also,as per the technician, it was a manufacturing defect. The room place customer service initially offered an exchange and my husband and I told them we just wanted them to take this sofa back and give me a refund. After going back and forth with the Room Place customer service my husband spoke ,today [Mar 18th 2010],to Ms.Laqita [stated she was a member of the management team] who said Room Place can only offer either an exchange or a reselection. They[Room Place] would not take a return after 3 days. My husband told her that we do not want a reselection or exchange. We just wanted a refund on a substandard product Room Place sold us. WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF GETTING DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS TWICE IN A ROW !!!

I am just a middle class person who was lured by their 1 year interest free promotion [and the 1 year interest free promotion period ends in June 2010.and they want me to pay for something which I have not been able to use at all in a functional way.].Did not know that the were tricking people by selling substandard products !!

The other 2 products [dining table and a mattress have not had problems so far...

Any suggestions?

Comments (2)