Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Living room need help with new furn-pics

Posted by blondie2007 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 7, 11 at 12:14

<"img src="http://livingrm.shutterfly.com/pictures/16>

Hi, I need help desperately with my sad living room. Pics attached. Old rugs and TV with stand are going to be trashed. I currently have been searching for new furniture to buy with no luck. Presently we have 5 kids under 7 yrs of age so lots more seating needed. Practically I know I should do leather but dont LOVE it. Am confused on what to buy and where to put it. Sectional (too big for space?)/loveseat & sofa combo, leather, fabric? Makes my head spin. I am thinking it should try to be a bit lower in height like 35" or under as it is in middle or room. I would like to do a comfy chair or two maybe facing out around fireplace. Credenza with plasma TV above it? Tv is currently above fireplace and too high so need to put artwork or something snazzy up there. We just bought a new kitchen table to be delivered. When coming out of kitchen you will see the back of a sectional or loveseat. We have dark hand scraped wood floors and dark cherry cabinets. I love lots of light and brightness and am concerned that a dark leather sofa set would be too blah but with kiddos also dont want to go too light. Im really torn here what to buy and what would open up the room, feel cozy and bright etc. Everything has to be purchased so I need your help in purchasing right seating arrangements. I really really appreciate ANY time and attention you have on this sad state of a great room. Our family thanks you so much. Help this room please:)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Living room need help with new furn-pics

sorry can someone make a link out of the pic site. thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here