Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mamajean15

Living room need help with new furn-pics

mamajean15
13 years ago

Hi, I need help desperately with my sad living room. Pics attached. Old rugs and TV with stand are going to be trashed. I currently have been searching for new furniture to buy with no luck. Presently we have 5 kids under 7 yrs of age so lots more seating needed. Practically I know I should do leather but dont LOVE it. Am confused on what to buy and where to put it. Sectional (too big for space?)/loveseat & sofa combo, leather, fabric? Makes my head spin. I am thinking it should try to be a bit lower in height like 35" or under as it is in middle or room. I would like to do a comfy chair or two maybe facing out around fireplace. Credenza with plasma TV above it? Tv is currently above fireplace and too high so need to put artwork or something snazzy up there. We just bought a new kitchen table to be delivered. When coming out of kitchen you will see the back of a sectional or loveseat. We have dark hand scraped wood floors and dark cherry cabinets. I love lots of light and brightness and am concerned that a dark leather sofa set would be too blah but with kiddos also dont want to go too light. Im really torn here what to buy and what would open up the room, feel cozy and bright etc. Everything has to be purchased so I need your help in purchasing right seating arrangements. I really really appreciate ANY time and attention you have on this sad state of a great room. Our family thanks you so much. Help this room please:)