Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help finding a good durable sectional

Posted by bevrogers (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 1, 12 at 11:24

So just under two years ago we purchased the buchanan sectional from Pottery barn in the Harvest Yellow - brushed canvas. we have been so completely unsatisfied. the sectional is comfortable but it is not wearing well. we had a cleaner look at it to see if they could do anything - but said most of the stain showing is rub from blue jeans and will never come off... We are out a good bit of money there. I need to replace it - grosses me out now! We have a dark brown leather recliner in the room and need a fabric sectional to go with it. not fans of microsuede. What suggestions do you have on a durable fabric? Suggestions on manufactures that have a product that can stand up to the countries most popular clothing - blue jeans??? PLEASE HELP!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help finding a good durable sectional

Maybe more of the fault of the dye in the blue jeans and the combination of yellow fabric didnt help. Natural fibers are more comfortable but the synthetics wear better, so a fabric with blends of both and enough texture to conceal normal wear and dirt will help. I would look at re-upholstering, you have a wide choice of fabrics and would cost less than new. Thats if you have a good frame in the PB, as some of their sofas were built by Mccreary Modern others by Mitchell Gold and other manufactures as well.

o

unfortunately if it was a denim issue it appears to have been an issue with all family members - lots of blue faded in and we all have our fav spots so not the same pair causing the damage. how do you determine what frame the couch is??

we are looking at King Hickory if we replace the sofa. any one with thoughts on that brand?

o

If your looking at King Hickory, I suggest also to look at Huntington House, as they have about the same styles and quality a bit better.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here