Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for curved or wedge sofa

Posted by functionfirst (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 20, 13 at 11:24

I'm furnishing a sunroom w/fireplace. I have my heart set on two curved sofas flanking this fireplace. My room is 15 x 15. Floors are hardwood. Tall windows are on each side of the fireplace. Two other walls are solid windows and the fourth "wall" looks out on the kitchen. I'm wrestling with doing these sofas in wicker or rattan or solid upholstery but definitely will use a cheerful Sunbrella fabric or something similar to Sunbrella. I'm having a really hard time finding something that I like. I've seen Lloyd Flanders Reflections and it's okay but we're not crazy about it. If I did regular upholstered sofas (in Sunbrella or similar) I'd use wicker or casual looking tables to give it the sunroom feeling. Can anyone suggest a quality curved sofa (doesn't have to be top of the line or famous maker) that offers a decent range of fabric options that isn't custom made? I've cross posted in decorating, too. Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for curved or wedge sofa

I know Taylor King makes them, but it would be custom.

o

I know of one place which I am visiting tomorrow to see whether they are as comfortable as they look as I have a small hallway and a small turning point. I like the idea that I may finally be able to get a 3 seater rather than two and choose the style of arms and covers. I think they are reasonably priced too. You can either buy set ones, or 'design' your own (choose arms, number of seats, colour of covers, whether there is a drawer underneath etc). They do chairs too.

o

Try Sherrill Furniture

o

The sofa you choose is one of the most important pieces of furniture you can own.There are several curved sofa designs on the market that you can choose from according to your wishes. They are also available in different sizes, fabrics and materials so that you are the one that is compatible with the rest of the furniture choose can.Choosing the correct one is important if you want it to last and be serviceable for many years.

o

I think Legacy leather from Canada makes several curved or hex shaped sofas.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here