Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good Quality Mid-Price Patio Furniture

Posted by rgustafs (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 28, 09 at 9:41

I am in the market for patio furniture. Though I love the look of the high end stuff, I am not even thinking about that in this economy.

I need a rectangular table that seats six and 6 chairs. Thinking cast aluminum, but might be open to wood. I am looking to spend $1150 max but would rather spend less. I want good quality and good looks.

Which manufacturers should I look for?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good Quality Mid-Price Patio Furniture

Many thanks! I will keep an eye out for Meadowcraft. It's so hard to know what to look for so this helps.

o

Scancom is a larger manufacturer of outdoor furniture, You cant buy from them directly but they offer quality products at a good price from many established retailers
http://www.scancom.net/products/

o

We got lovely cast furniture (tables and chairs) at BJ's Warehouse a few years back. They seem to carry 'a' design each year. If you have one (or maybe even a costco) nearby it's at least worh a look. I seem to remember paying for 6 chairs, cushions and the rectangle table a little more than one "name brand" chair would have cost retail. We figured we could replace it every few years if need be and still end up ahead. It's holding up wonderfuly so far.

o

I don't have any but have heard very good things about Costco outdoor furniture.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here