Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrhomeguy

Quality Sleeper Sofa for $1500?

MrHomeGuy
11 years ago

Hey all, I've been doing a bunch of reading here about various brands/models I've come across and it seems like most of them get fairly negative reviews regarding build quality.

I don't believe I need something that's going to last 10-20 years.. I probably won't *need* this more than 3 years. However, if I have the option to get something that might last longer at a similar price point I'm obviously keen towards that.

Design is certainly a factor as well.. something with thinner lanes coming in at under 80" is ideal. For example, we were heavily considering the C&B Davis Sleeper... but while the reviews on the website are mostly great, it seems you fine folk have a pretty strong (negative) opinion about McCreary Modern who manufactures this particular couch.

We had an Ektorp sofa from IKEA once and loved it (especially for the price we paid!), but feel that at this point it's not the right design for what we're looking to do with our new apt.

I am also open to going to a more local type place (actually, preferred as I know I'm getting killed at a second hand retailer) but don't know of any though I'm sure there are tons (I'm on Long Island, NY).

Any suggestions as to a good full/queen sleeper under 80" in the $1500 price range? We'd go a few hundred higher if it made a big difference.

As for the C&B/Pottery Barn/West Elm/etc. type stuff, does this even hold up 3 years or will it START to look poor before then?

Thanks!

Comments (2)