Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pallister leather furniture - your opinion?

Posted by seaswirl (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 10, 13 at 8:34

If you have leather furniture by Pallister, can you critique it for me? I'm thinking of buying a 4-piece set from sofasandsectionals.com.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pallister leather furniture - your opinion?

Great timing. I'm also curious if anyone has feedback on leather sofas from Palliser.

o

In the medium price range Palliser makes a pretty good product. Frames are plywood. Most sofas have sinuous wire springs and attached cushions. They do have a higher end with some step up features. Their strength is a nice clean style, good tailoring and modest prices.

o

Is a plywood frame a bad thing? How do they compare to Flexsteel sofas?

o

A 5/4 hardwood frame is superior to a plywood frame. I would say the two companies are comparable. Palliser uses a no sag spring on most items and Flexsteel uses their own "Blue Steel" flexolator spring, which is basically a series of flat bands of metal set in the base of the frame forming a "U" shape over the frame cavity. Pallsier goes a little more towards the contemporary with most of their focus in leather. Flexsteel runs a wider range of styles. Ask about their cushions and if there are options and study the tailoring and then ask how they handle warranty claims in as much as Palliser for example is built in Canada and Mexico. Then make your own judgement.

o

Is the Flexsteel a 5/4 hardwood frame or plywood (same as Palliser)?

o

Flexsteel is plywood.

o

I did a search on Flexsteel recently and there was a lot of criticism - apparently the Latitudes line of Flexsteel is made in China and is not the same quality as the regular Flexsteel.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here