Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wine Rack Wood Maple, Oak, Teak ??

Posted by rich3294 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 4, 09 at 6:31

Hi I am looking for a wine rack to goutside of my kitchen. i have found someone selling what looks like a perfect item. They offer it in Oak, Maple and Teak. Eventually I will stain it most likely a Cherrywood to match when we re-do the kitchen. I understand Teak is for high moisture areas. Are these all as sturdy under the weight of many bottle. Which one will stain better ? Please help
Thanks
Rich

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wine Rack Wood Maple, Oak, Teak ??

Any of those woods will be sufficiently sturdy, but it depends more on the construction than the type of wood. They are all hardwoods. If you had a picture or link, that would be helpful. Are you sure they are actually made of these woods, or offered in finishes called "Teak," etc? More importantly, are they finished or unfinished? If you plan to eventually stain to cherry color, you want unfinished wood. If they are finished, I'd suggest you just pick the one you like the best; it doesn't have to match your cabinets if it's a standalone piece. I could see any of them as being compatible with cherry; I'd probably go with either the maple or oak, for color.

o
RE: Wine Rack Wood Maple, Oak, Teak ??

The solid oak wine rack system can be perfectly tailor-made to fit any space and meet individual requirements for storage of wine cases, individual standard wine bottles, half bottles, magnums and other larger format wine bottles. The designs available on the wine racks are wide and varied. Some are normal square or rectangular shaped wine rack with few shelves. Some are available in triangular shape.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here