Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvizit

recliners or ottomans??

luvizit
14 years ago

Hello,

I'm brand new here and to the world of online forums! I'm seeking advice on a furniture purchase for living room. My husband and I have been through so many different peices of hand-me-down, and used furniture sets that have left us desiring the "IT" furniture set that is comfortable, high quality and sticks around for a while. The closest we've come to having a nicer set of furniture was a set from Ashley's which we quickly discovered was not very comfortable or high quality :(. We aren't fancy and only wish to have something comfortable/functional but still "nice" looking. We're looking for something that fits our whole family (us and 2 young kids).

We're pretty certain that we want to go with leather, but my dilemma is that I cannot figure out whether to go with a sectional/modular and ottoman combo, or a set with a sofa, love seat, and rocking chair that all recline. I know I've always loved having rocker/recliners growing up, but I also am attracted to the cushy comfortable invitation of a nice sectional, plus we are working with a medium-sized room that probably won't fit too many peices to scale.

Would anyone be willing to offer opinions or experiences on reclining furniture versus ottomans?? I know this is lengthy, but thank you to those willing to read and offer advice!

Thank you so much!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!