Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Madison From Casco Bay

Posted by bkay001 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 12, 10 at 1:00

Can anyone provide feedback on Casco Bay?
Also if you have Madison sofa , how well is it holding up

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Madison From Casco Bay

Just purchased the Madison leather queen sleeper sofa from Casco Bay Furniture (cascobayfurniture.com). It's the equivalent of RH's Maxwell sleeper. I got it for $2600 delivered with a five year warranty. Just priced it out on the Restoration Hardware website and it is $5600 delivered (with 6% sales tax in MI)!

I'm not sure if I even need to say anything else. The salesman at Casco Bay, Robert Allen, was conscientious beyond expectation and really in my opinion epitomizes quality customer service. Although I don't think they can advertise that it is the same sofa, apparently they approached RH's former manufacturer once RH outsourced it overseas and are now selling it directly.

I'll add this: I am a physician, I pay way too much attention to detail, so believe me when I say this sofa is the exact same thing at less than half the price.

o

Detmed, you had previously posted that when you received the sofa the seats were very firm. Have the softened up over time? Am thinking of purchasing the Manchester but am concerned about having that lived in cushy softness.

o

I got the Madison from casco bay after researching and finding out restoration hardware had quality issues. I live in nyc so I even went to their outlet in queens and you can definitely see the low quality. I got Madison brompton cocoa and at first it was very firm. After a couple months of sitting on it daily the leather is softening up nicely. I fall asleep on it constantly, in fact my girlfriend is sleeping on it now. The couch is super comfortable.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here