Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bedroom set Help!

Posted by Mimi814 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 13, 11 at 0:16

Hi everyone,

I am looking to purchase a new Queen bedroom set for our new home. This is our first house since selling our condo and I wanted to get something nice. My husband does not want to spend a fortune as he wants to buy a King bedroom set when we move into a bigger home years down the road. Our bedrooms are small and there is absolutely no way to fit a King bedroom in the master. I've gone to Thomasville and Safavieh and their prices are above and beyond what we'd like to pay, though the quality of their furniture is very nice. I decided to look at Macy's and saw a set that I really like. I fell in love with this set:

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=499302&CategoryID=35420#fn=FURNITURE_CATEGORY%3DBedroom Collections%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D31

It looks even more beautiful in person. However, it is still rather high and I am not sure how good the quality is. I decided to look at online retailers to get an idea and saw this set at Overstock:

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Dupioni-5-piece-Queen-Bedroom-Set/4075064/product.html

I like the look of the set and I know it is not the best quality, but I want to ensure that this is something that will be ok for at least the next 5-10 years. I need help from you furniture experts to read into this as best as possible and tell me if the quality is better than something you'd find at Ashley or Ikea!

Thanks a bunch!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bedroom set Help!

I am looking for the manufacturer of the Horchow Anna Bedroom set. I saw some of the other posts and agree thta it is ridiculous that they hide OEM info from the public. Please help - I have been searching for weeks. Thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: Horchow Anna Bedroom Set

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here