Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm obsessed with this table but need to find an affordable alter

Posted by juddgirl2 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 22, 09 at 0:16

Hi - I usually frequent the Home Dec forum and it was suggested that I post this here also, in the hopes that someone might know a good source for this table.

I've been searching Craigslist and Ebay for and antique pine farm table to use in my dining room. I have several in my home (both antique and reproduction) and most are the standard style with turned legs that I love and was thinking I'd use the same for my dining room.

Then I found this table on Restoration Hardware's site and fell in love, and nothing else compares. I've never been much for trestle style tables, but for some reason this one just seems perfect - both complementary to and different from my other tables. My reclaimed farm table in my eat-in kitchen is from Restoration Hardware, and I'm very happy with its quality and beauty, so I'm sure this table is just as pretty in person as it appears in the photo.

Of course, it's way out of my predetermined budget, so I'm looking for alternatives. One suggestion from Home Dec was to call a local craftsman to see if I could have a similar table custom made, but another suggestion was to come here and ask whether anyone knew if this table might be available elsewhere for less than RH's pricing.

Thanks so much for any suggestions.

Here is a link that might be useful: Restoration Hardware Reclaimed Pine Trestle Table

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm obsessed with this table but need to find an affordable a

I've seen somewhat similar vintage rustic library tables like this. They were much smaller, but perhaps looking for "library tables" might be helpful. Good luck - it's gorgeous.

o

I hope this link helps!

Here is a link that might be useful: Directory of companies using reclaimed wood

o

Thanks so much for the advice and link! I didn't even think of searching for a library table and I've sent a few emails asking for quotes from some local companies that specialize in custom pieces using reclaimed wood.

o

You may want to keep an eye out for RH sales. They have them often and usually there are substaintial discounts. Also, are you by a RH outlet?

o

Thanks, auggie. I am near an outlet but they don't have the table yet. Actually, my local stores don't even have the table on display yet. I'll have to wait till August or so when they're wrapping up the summer season. Looks like I'll have time to save for the table!

o

just got a similar dining table from saloom. it is a much darker finish. has planked top and is distressed. i bought a 84 x 44 table with 6 ladderback chairs for a little more than restoration wants for just the table. if you go to the saloom website click on the new castle line. they have many wood fininshed that you can choose. the furniture is made in the usa and it is great quality. good luck.

o

I also love this table, but it is too long for my space. Am I crazy to think it could be altered? Would a carpenter ruin it?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here