Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Reclining sofas

Posted by kellikunes (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 12, 13 at 23:28

My husband and I are looking to purchase a new reclining sofa and love seat. He like the Best reclining sofa because it is so comfortable, how well they are built, and the warranty. I agree with all of that but I think they look out of date and have no modern structure to them. Of course he loves the one with all of the tucks because it is the most comfortable so we were going to order them. But then I went and found a lane reclining sofa that was just as comfortable but had a little more modern structure to it. So I am wondering which company is better to go with as far as quality and what not?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Reclining sofas

I'd suggest not getting in any rush and you will find one that is well built, comfortable and appealing to you.

I've never heard of 'the Best reclining sofa".

From the link below:
Pick a sofa you will love for a long time. Your reclining sofa will be with you for many years, and you will likely be spending a lot of time on it. So be comfortable with this piece of furniture as the centerpiece of your living room.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to Buy a Reclining Sofa

o

quote "Best reclining sofa" I believe kellikunes is referring to Best Chair Company, in Ohio.
Not sure the link for how to buy a reclining sofa is all that helpful.
The story behind the quality of motion furniture (recliners included) is the metal mechanism. The engineering design and the quality of the metal used will determine how long the sofa or chair will last. Legget & Platt and Hickory Springs are the 2 major US suppliers for the recliner mechanisms. They usually have the best quality mechanisms. Many manufacturers import their mechanisms from China, including Best Chair and Lane. A cheaper mechanism with weak joints and low quality steel will not last long.

o

In the popular price point Best Chair does make a pretty good product. Many retailers were kept afloat during the recession by Best Chairs among others.

o

I just posted this on another thread, but a pair of ottomans is in my opinion preferable to a reclining sofa. It will last longer. It is more comfortable and has more uses.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here