Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Better Quality version of Pottery Barn Pierce sectional

Posted by lford (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 17, 07 at 22:46

I've been searching for months for a better quality version of the Pottery Barn Pierce sofa in microsuade. Does it exist without a $7k pricetag? What I like about it is the style and fabric but also the way it sits. Not too deep but not too shallow. The closest thing I found was by Woodmark but it's not as comfy because it's not as deep. We were hoping to spend about $4k.

thanks for any ideas!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Better Quality version of Pottery Barn Pierce sectional

I am not familiar with PB styles but some quality brands to consider include Massoud, Vanguard, Michael Thomas and Taylor King. I believe lexfurniture.com sells all these brands if you are motivated by deep discounts from out of state dealers.

o

Check out the Preston sectional from Room&Board. It is extremely comfortable and can be configured in many different ways. The standard fabric it comes in is not microfiber, but it can be ordered in any of the Room&Board fabrics and no extra charge (allow more time). Compared to Pierce sectional I believe it is better quality. You won't be disappointed. We bought ours last year and we are so happy with it we will be ordering it in sofa form for our gameroom. It is that comfy.

Here is a link that might be useful: Room&Board website

o

Try Carolina Chair. I am ordering a sofa from them. They have been very easy to work with and have sent MANY swatches to me free of charge. I really like their velvet microfibers--so soft. They can custom make a sectional or sofa or chair to your specifications. I think the prices are great as well. I have included their website. Good luck!
Wendy

Here is a link that might be useful: Carolina Chair link

o

lford,

I haven't gotten my couch delivered yet but here is a picture from the showroom. I also like the PB look BUT was not going to spend quite that much on a family room couch.(I have kids and a cat).

My sectional is from Kincaid. I got it in Hickory, NC for just over $2,000.00 in microsuede. The color looks a little off in the photo...it's khaki in person.

Hope this helps:)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here