Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Website/software to preview furniture changes??

Posted by beesage (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 2, 13 at 22:34

Does anyone know of any websites or software our there which allow you to play around with and preview changes or updates to furniture? I am thinking of something like the Sherwin-Williams color previewer. But instead of downloading pictures of rooms and playing around with paint colors, you could select or download pictures of furniture and play around with different colors, hardware styles or upholstery fabrics and patterns.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Website/software to preview furniture changes??

Beesage, I wish their was, this would be great for the individual furniture designer in all of this.

As you know their are several manufacturers website that let you choose styles, options, fabrics, legs etc on individual sofas and chairs.

Bassett, Maitland Smith, Icustomsofa websites just to name a few that offers the ability to play around with colors and styles. But this takes highly specialized software and website coding to accomplish this.

These software company; icovia.com specializes for interior designers and the software MicroD.com specializes for furniture manufacturers for what your thinking of.

If your really good a Photoshop and have a scanner or a way of getting images into Photoshop, then you can just about accomplish what your looking for. And their are several Photoshop plugins that help with the process.

Im afraid what many people would think seems quite simple is actually quite complicated.

o

Thanks for the suggestions-- I'll try them out. Nice to know everything hasn't already been invented yet...I guess! :-)

o

Massoud's website lets you select fabric and exposed wood finish. They make upholstery only so no case goods.

Here is a link that might be useful: Massoud

o

Rowe used to have a system in the store where you could look at a picture of a sofa on a computer screen and then cover that sofa in any one of their fabrics. It was software system that was pitched to many upholstery manufacturers.

o

Ther are many, mentioning a few here:
PRO100
AutoFurniture - Furniture designing software
Sweet Home 3D
for more you can google it,,
Thanks

o

I think the OP by beesage got lost in translation here, I suggest anyone to try Sherwin-Williams color previewer first before thinking that its that simple.
Actually it is quite simple for anyone who understands image editing, which requires a steep learning curve= much more time than most want to try and learn.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here