Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kzcamp

Smith Bros of Berne vs King Hickory Sofas

kzcamp
12 years ago

Getting ready tp purchase sofa and chair and leather ottoman. Any opinions on these 2 companies? KH seems to have more options, they have the fabric I like but Smith Bros has the chair I like. I have bought furniture from NC a few times with great satisfaction but in this economy I feel I should buy from one of the small local retailers. Dealing with 2 stores like them both.

Comments (7)

• susie53_gw
    12 years ago

I have a Smith Brother, couch, chair, an oversized chair and ottoman and I can't say enough about the quality. In have had them 10 years and they still look like new.

P.S. I grew up about 5 miles from the Smith Brothers furniture factory..

• LeslieP
    12 years ago

I have two Smith Brother love seats that are four years old, get heavy use and still look like the day they were delivered.

• PRO
    Business_Name_Placeholder
    10 years ago

Purchased King Hickory sofa and chair in 2008. Within 2 years, the sofa and chair cushions were totally deflated. You are sitting on the frame. You can feel the wood in the arms when you sit in the chair. I have furniture (Sherrill) that's 20 years old that looks better. The worst part is that you cannot deal with the company directly, they will not even answer an email. They definitely do not stand behind their product. I will buy Smith Brothers or Sherrill the next time I purchase upholstered pieces.

• Kathy Jones
    7 years ago

I have two 18 year old King Hickory sofas and they are just starting to show wear. Still very comfortable though.

• Kimberly Miller
    6 years ago

avoid king hickory - very dishonest people.

• Kathy Jones
    6 years ago

I have had two King Hickory sofas for twenty years......We have a high traffic household with five children and multiple dogs etc. They are just now beginning to show their age. I love this brand.