Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
talldean

Tall man seeks fabric recliner.

talldean
15 years ago

I'm 6'9". I have a 36" inseam, which makes me mostly torso. Every recliner I see for sale leaves my head dangling in the breeze above the headrest, which makes me a sad, sad lounger.

Any suggestions for abnormally tall folks? :-)

Comments (9)

• western_pa_luann
    15 years ago

If you are willing to try leather, there's Stickley's Morris recliner.

My 6'8" son is comfortable in it.

• wearybuilder
    15 years ago

Did you try LazyBoy's big man's chair?

• furnone
    15 years ago

Try Taylor King,sister company to Hancock & Moore, their former president was 6'6" and they make an excellent recliner.

For that matter, Jack Glasheen, president of Hancock & Moore, is about 6' 5" or so. I'm sure there are some recliners in both lines that comfortably fit their chief executives.

Here is a link that might be useful: Taylor King recliners

• ginnyr
    14 years ago

Hi! I found your recliner. My husband is 6'10" with a 36" inseam so I know your complaint (I've been hearing it for many years!) We just bought a recliner by Klaussner from the Garrick collection. It has a very high back (48" I believe) We also paid a little more to have a rocker added. It makes the seat a little higher. He loves it! I find it a little ridiculous, I'm 5'10" and my feet dangle. Unfortunately it's not on their website. We bought it from a discount North Carolina furniture store. Good Luck!

• Karen_sl
    14 years ago

Try a lazyboy big mans chair. My hubby is a little shorter than you, he is 6'5" and this is a great chair. It is too big for me, I am 5'4" but its perfect for him. We have had it for about 10 yrs...what to do when its tired! Karen L

• joe_buck25_yahoo_com
    14 years ago

Posted by ginnyr (My Page) on Wed, May 27, 09 at 9:06

Hi! I found your recliner. My husband is 6'10" with a 36" inseam so I know your complaint (I've been hearing it for many years!) We just bought a recliner by Klaussner from the Garrick collection. It has a very high back (48" I believe) We also paid a little more to have a rocker added. It makes the seat a little higher. He loves it! I find it a little ridiculous, I'm 5'10" and my feet dangle. Unfortunately it's not on their website. We bought it from a discount North Carolina furniture store. Good Luck!

Ginny,

Mind telling me the name of the store and $? I have searched online and found nothing afa the garrick collection. Maybe they would ship one to pennsylvania. Would you mind measuring it from seat to the top of the back? To me that is the most useful measurement and of course it's not even used in the recliner business. thx

• bobismyuncle
    14 years ago

6'5" + 34" inseam. People hate to sit behind us in a theater, don't they?

I have a 30 year old La-z-boy big man's chair. Last I looked at them about five years ago, I mumbled to myself, "They no longer have a big man's chair, they have a fat man's chair."

• roneaker_wildblue_net
    13 years ago

try JC Pennys, BUTCH 111 BIG & TALL WALLSAVER RECLINER. SEAT HIGHT IS 22' BACK HIGHT IS 31' EXTENDED LENGHT IS 79'. I'm 6'6 & its the only one i could find that my feet didn,t hang off the end i