Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sleep number beds

Posted by dougy2040 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 7, 09 at 21:19

Does anyone have information or experience with the Select Comfort sleep number beds, good or bad experiences? We have slept on a good quality waterbed for twenty plus years, and think now we need a change to something better. We are both having back pain.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sleep number beds

tempur pedic or if you have bedroom one in your area check out their comfort pedic.

o

I have had one of the original sleep number beds for 13 years and we are very happy with it. We also have one at our cabin as well. I have several relatives and friends who also have them and no one is ready to trade it in on anything else.

o

I hated mine :( My son in law doesn't like his (haven't heard if my daughter still likes it or not). My best friend agrees it's certainly not the most comfortable bed she's slept in but it helps her back. Her husband doesn't like it. Another friend just traded hers for a regular bed. I've never slept on one but I've heard people complain that the Temperpedic(sp?) mattresses are quite hot. Sorry, it's a tuff thing for others to advise :(

o

Ive been wondering about the Temperpedics. I received a sample, and its certainly cushy, but Im not sure I believe what they say about pressure points. Plus, I would think synthetic foam would not let the skin breathe. I find synthetic fabrics in things like socks or slippers make me perspire. I had several Dearfoams slippers and couldnt wear them for more than a few minutes. Wouldnt foam in a mattress do the same thing? But maybe thats just me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here