Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Buying a new Mattress HELP!

Posted by alanis (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 3, 11 at 20:38

I'm having my Simmons mattress replaced under warranty, it has deep dips! But the one I bought they don't have now but don't know what replaced it.

So I will have to choose another one.

I didn't buy the cheapest and thought this would last longer then almost 2 years.

Anyone help with pros and cons of mattresses brands?
What kind do you have? Love it or hate it?
How long has it lasted?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Buying a new Mattress HELP!

Most traditional innerspring mattresses will probably fail in another couple of years and in a similar way to the mattress you're replacing. We relegated an old 'S' brand queen size mattress to the dustbin of history with a 100% latex mattress and never looked back. Wife says that even hotel beds don't compare to the sleep she gets at home. There are a number of makers (including the 'S' brands) - while you're browsing and testing them out, look at the tag and make sure it's 100% latex and not an innerspring / latex combination. The latex foam also comes in a variety of densities to match your sleeping position (such as side, stomach, back).

Hope this helps!

o
RE: Buying a new Mattress HELP!

Agree with hf2046. See my post on the "ISO Mattress" thread.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here