Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raygunclan

furniturehomestore.com?

raygunclan
16 years ago

hello all!

we are in the market for a sectional for our relatively small space. you know the scenario... 100 year old home, small rooms, no closets, but we love it and will call it home forever!

anyways, i have always liked the pearce sectional at pottery barn. today, i was online looking for bedroom furniture and i came across a site called furniturehomestore.com. for grins and giggles i checked out their sectionals. they had this one called the pearson, and it looked really similar to the pb pearce. so i put it together how it would fit in my room and it would save us about $2000 (that is tax and delivery included in the difference) to buy what looks like the same sectional!

has anyone ever heard of or ordered from furniturehomestore.com? they have a shop in charlotte and in huntersville called bungalows.

if everything pans out, i think i'm going to hold off on purchasing my bedroom furniture and order the sectional!!! (ssshhhh. don't tell my husband!)

thanks for any feedback, its always so interesting to hear what everyone has to say and i am learning so much on this site!

take care,

suzanne

Comments (8)

• raygunclan
    Original Author
    16 years ago

so here's the info i got from the site on the sectional that i'm looking at. is there anything that should shoot up a red flag? or that i should stay away from?
    Origin: Carefully hand-crafted in North Carolina.
    Frame: Kiln-dried hardwood and plywood with glued, screwed and dowelled joints. Screw-in legs.
    Cushions: 1.9 high resiliency density foam with down-encased cushions. Poly Darcron and down-filled back pillows. Removable zippered cushions.
    Springs: Guaranteed "No-Sag" integrated wire systems.
    Sleeper: 5 ½" Queen size (60" x 72") quilted innerspring mattress.
    Warranty: Lifetime warranty on frame, spring and cushions.
    Trial: Risk-free 30-day in-home trial.
    Free: FREE down seat upgrades on most styles.

i also found this:

How is your furniture constructed? All our upholstered frames are kiln-dried North American hardwood (maple and poplar) and are constructed on-site by experienced craftsmen in our North Carolina factory. This on-site manufacturing of the frames is very unique in today's furniture industry, because most manufacturers contract out the frame sub-assembly. In fact, other furniture manufacturers buy our frames, which says a lot about our quality of workmanship. We use only the finest "B" grade top grain full aniline-dyed waxed Italian leathers and durable 100% cotton fabrics for that comfortable upscale look and feel. Any metal in our seating pieces (springs, etc.) is durable tempered steel. Which means that all of our pieces are hand-crafted of the finest materials and, with reasonable care, should last you a lifetime!

thanks so much!
    suzanne

• mike4bridge
    16 years ago

try www.kcfactorydirect.com.

I have been trying to find a good online furnishing/furniture store for my new house. I found www.kcfactorydirect.com is selling good products for fairly good price. They sell Accessories, furnitures, whimsical, Lightings, Marbles and Garden products. Seems they have full-range of furnishing products for my need, thousands of them. Can you give me some opinion please?

Here is a link that might be useful: www.kcfactorydirect.com

• dawninny
    15 years ago

Please see link below. Consider yourself warned. Whatever you do please do your "due diligence" on this company/website etc. before you purchase furniture from them.

Here is a link that might be useful: furniturehomestore.com complaint

• stellabondolova
    15 years ago

DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM!!!! Furniturehomestore.com has a terrible reputation. There are other names this company uses....several are listed on this site...I believe one is Urbanhomestyle.com. I never received my order. My calls went unreturned as well as my emails. They will continue to put you off with every excuse in the book. I will be putting in a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and will be contacting my attorney as my property is a rental and I have now lost out on money because my rental comes fully furnished. I also believe that anyone on this forum who claims they received their order is somehow affiliated with the company. My CC refunded my money but I am not finished with them yet. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!

• furniturehomestore
    15 years ago

This individual, "stellabondolova", is not and has never been a customer of FurnitureHomeStore.com. After researching this complaint, it has been discovered that she ordered her product from another website that our manufacturing company also produced for. FurnitureHomeStore is not associated with the website she placed her order through. Our reputation on the internet has always been of top ratings. We have asked this individual to please remove this incorrect negative blog. She agreed to do so, but has yet to actually do it.

Here is a link that might be useful: stellabondolova

• furniturehomestore
    15 years ago

In reference to the posting by "Dawninny", Dawn is an employee of a competitor company, Club Furniture. This particular individual has maliciously posted this in hopes of a negative impact to our business and to keep customers from purchasing from us. We consider this to be unethical business practice from a competitor and request that GardenWeb remove this posting from their website.
    The complaint which is linked to this posting was from a customer of our retail store. She purchased a sectional sofa from the store which was totally destroyed by her children in two years time. The customer requested us to replace the furniture at no charge, trying to claim it was a manufacturing defect. The manufacturer refused to do so due to the nature of the furnitureÂs destruction. The customer tried every avenue possible to get free replacement furniture and went to the lengths of contacting the local news station where the retail store was located.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dawninny

• mozoma
    14 years ago

I've had one of my sofas from furniturehomestore.com for 5 years, the other for 2 years. They are the slipcovered model, lulu. They are still great. The chenille is soft and has held up well, my white twills do not match so I can't use them, they must have made some changes in the three years between orders. The feathers tend to poke through the chenille, not the twill, but I still recommend the down filled pillows. The furniture is very good for the money, the slipcovers are a bit over-priced, ballarddesigns.com has better pricing on their slipcovers, and potterybarn is ridiculous.

• meggamom
    13 years ago

I referred a friend who is in the market for a sofa to FurnitureHomeStore.com. She of course is doing her homework and researches them. She calls me with concerns because she found this sight. I think it is at the least "bad politics" for competitors to bash each other on sights that are designed for consumers to help each other. Shame. Having said that I must add that I own a sectional from FurnitureHomeStore.com. I have had it for almost 5 years now. My cover is machine washable. Having 4 kids has proven it is well worth the money. I have no complaints about the sectional or the company. I will continue to indorse my sofa and refer friends.
    Thank you