Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dogpound_gw

Flexsteel Quality?

dogpound
16 years ago

Looking at purchasing flexsteel upholstery sofa. Can anyone weigh in on there quality and what to expect from this manufacture?

Comments (24)

• tinker1121
    16 years ago

I bought the Temecula sofa and chair and a half and think the quality is exceptional. I do not see it as disposable if the fabric wears out per the previous poster.

A simple way to judge is the weight of the stuff!! Frame and cushions are very heavy.

• katnip9
    16 years ago

I've had a Flexsteel sofa for over 20 years and it still looks brand new, fabric and all (and we haven't been especially careful). In fact, I want to replace it with a smaller version (small living room), and move this one into our family room. It's as firm and comfortable as the day I bought it. Constantly surprises me. I hear nothing but good things about Flexsteel.

• fnulnuakas_yahoo_com
    15 years ago

I just purchased a $1,500 Flexsteel sofa and it lasted for four days. The material on the back of the sofa frayed in a few places. We called the store and they sent out a representative to inspect the sofa. While he was inspecting it, one of the cushions ripped. Now, a few days later, one of the zippers on the cushions has broken. The store was astonished as this type of problem is apparently unprecedented. Both the sofa and chair are going to be returned. I've reordered a different model made of all polyester fabric.

• jbarron4
    15 years ago

I have recently purchased two Flexsteel recliners. One was a $1000 leather recliner and the other was cloth upholstered. Both have broken recliner mechanisms. I have had the leather one repaired once when the factory sent a metal square tube that had broken. Now the hinge assessembly has broken and the chair is probably not repairable. If I paid freight two ways to the factory, perhaps they could take it apart with out ruining the leather, but I don't se spending the freight when evcery flexsteel recliner I bought has broken. The other one broke also and I emailed the customer service address from their website, but all I got was a programmed response and no people responding. I sent a further reply to the address from the auto response and got back a no one at that address.
    Flexsteel is not concerned in the least about their quality or their customer support. Their company has begun losing market share and profitability. This is to be expected whth the management lack of concern with customer support. I feel sorry for their employees that have been laid off when they closed their oldest plant. Unfortunately the least suffer when the greatest lose track of what made their business.

• debb_gardener
    15 years ago

Never again! I bought a sofa in 2002--$1,500--the seat cushions broke completely down in first 60 days --we replaced seat cushions 3 times in first year. I got frustrated. Gave up!v better things to do than fight w/ manufacturer. sofa has looked horrible from beginning. The back cushions are flat at top & lumpy. I am shopping for new on enow--thi sone would have been gone long ago if my budget allowed.

• miacutie_15108_yahoo_com
    15 years ago

I agree with the posters who said never again! I have had nothing but trouble with the Flexsteel sofa, chair and ottoman I purchased three years ago. The store where I bought them is out of business. The next nearest retailer is over 60 miles away, and yet Flexsteel refuses to answer any of my questions by phone. They just tell me to contact my authorized retailer and hang up. I am frustrated beyond belief. My furniture is wearing out and isn't even three years old. It was delivered in such an unfinished condition that I was steaming the skirts, and trimming all the threads. Never, ever again.

• susieq07
    15 years ago

Flexsteel is used in almost all Rv's and is in our motorhome, it is strong, durable, and can take alot of punishment of the roads and reg. use.

• briant73
    15 years ago

Abbierose,

Sorry to hear about your issues with flexsteel, have you tried sending a letter to the President of Flexsteel and outline your issues? I find it worrying you call and get hung up on after explaining your dealer went out of business, does not sound like any stories I hear of Flexsteel support. Also just wondering why you took delivery of your furniture if it was in such a sad state, and not call the dealer right away (they must of been in business when it was delivered right?). Everything I read is refuse delivery if your not happy or at least make sure you don't pay until they address all your issues.

• brenny2009
    15 years ago

My 1 year old flexsteel recliners are a disaster. The paint, yes paint, is rubbing off on the head and seat, there is flaking on the rest of the chair. I am so dissappointed, My old flexsteel lasted a long time. Beware Flexsteel leather, espically the lattatudes collection.

• purpleravengirl
    14 years ago

My less than TWO YEAR OLD Flexsteel black leather couch & chair are causing me great distress!!! The black has been rubbing/wearing off the seats for a long time. A leather expert came & looked at the pieces. He said that this was happening due to a flaw in the tanning process. This would make it a MANUFACTURING defect. I tried to talk to Flexsteel & the retailer I bought the stuff from (Donna's Interiors in Arroyo Grande, CA) but they won't take the furniture back. They will not bend on the Limited one year warranty that "covers" the leather. The rest of the couch is covered by a Lifetime Warranty but not the covering! It is appalling! Flexsteel boasts, "if you love your furniture now, wait a few years!" WAIT A FEW YEARS, AND YOU'LL BE IN TEARS!!!!! I am horrified at the money I WASTED ($3300!!!) DON'T BUY FLEXSTEEL!

• kenoliver
    14 years ago

Never heard of Flexsteel -- but I think you should look into Flexformusa - you'll be amazed at the product.

kenneth.mills@poliformusa.com

• ktoffoli_comcast_net
    12 years ago

WE WILL NEVER AGAIN BUY FLEXSTEEL,WE TELL ALL OUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!!!The lifetime warranty sucks!!!We purchase a
    leather recliner at 1288.00,always before we purchased lazy
    boys and never had a problem. Sales person made a good pick of recliner at time of purchase,never again. Leather chair looks like new,cannot be use as a recliner. e-mail
    the manufacter and still waiting for 4months for a response.

• Laura Martin
    10 years ago

We purchased reclining sofa, love seat, and chair from Good's Furniture in Kewanee, Il spent all day looking for furniture that fit us. Bought all pieces paid $3,000 in September 2013. Was delivered end of November 2013. It did not feel the same but thought maybe "forgot" how it fit. Sat in same chair at new FlexSteel store in Champaign, IL, it was perfect . Called Good's Furniture to let know of problem. Was asked to send pictures. Spoke to Hope, our sales person, was told furniture needed to settle, even after I told her it was not as firm as it should be. Had several of same conversations. Spoke to owner who said our furniture had settled more than what was in showroom and that FlexSteel had seen the picture and said by looking at the pictures the chair was built to specs. Good's Furniture refused to send anyone to look at furniture because it is not a warranty issue per the owner and FlexSteel. So much for their warranty! I will never purchase from Good's Furniture or buy FlexSteel.

• PRO
    Tile Superstore & More
    8 years ago

Flex steel quality on steady decline for 20yrs, and service is poor. Overpriced considering competition. Would look at Rowe for stationary and Omni for reclining. Or Smith Brothers

• PRO
    iCustomSofa
    8 years ago

I have seen Rowe's manufacturing and their quality is no better than Flexsteels. Other than their Clayton Marcos sofa line.

• msbwrb
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I have a Tiffin Motorhome with two couches covered in Flexsteel. One is great , while the other one is peeling. I finally found the fabric number on the bottom of the couch BUT it is discontinued, SOOOO, They are making a REPLACEMENT color ( supposed to match exactly ).Lisa in customer service extremely helpful. Waiting to hear back from her. Lisa MAY have found 7.7 yards in their warehouse ( IF THEIR COMPUTER INVEVTORY IS CORRECT ). Must now wait until tomorrow.

• Judith Weinstein
    6 years ago

I bought a $1,900 Flexsteel Sofa, The cushions are foam, they break down in no time. Fiore Furniture in Altoona Pa. Refuses to take it back they Lack in Customer PR. BEWARE!!!

• PRO
    Our Stitching Designs
    4 years ago

Torsion spring broke and Flexsteel very unhelpful. Lifetime warrenty lapses after 1 year, can't find a source for a replacement.

• Charity Armstrong
    4 years ago

I have had a horrible experience with my Flexsteel leather living room furniture, for which I paid over $8,000. I made a complaint within the first few weeks of delivery. I have a recliner, sofa with chaise lounge, and loveseats. Initially they stated the cushions were under-stuffed. After replacing the cushions, they stated the leather is stretched from having under-stuffed cushions and the warranty team stated they would replace the leather. It has been over a month and the warranty people won’t even call me back or return my emails as they promised. The furniture store I bought it from tried and tried to get the pieces fixed, but the warranty team is just not any good. I initially requested the most stuffed option, to increase the firmness of the set. I am attaching a photo of the set after their warranty team repaired it. They were supposed to come back to replace the leather nearly two months ago, but have not returned or called me back. I requested warranty work weeks after delivery and it has been a year. We live a quiet lifestyle with a family of 3 small people, nobody in our family weighs over 160 pounds.

• Jeff Strickland
    3 years ago

My Flexsteel reclining leather sofa is horrible. I suppose the mechanics are okay, but the leather is paper thin and has holes in it where my hand rests if I fall asleep watching TV. It also that a hole where my head lays on the leather. We bought the extended warranty, but they said its "normal wear & tear." There's nothing normal about a hole on a surface that isn't even sat upon.

Run, don't walk, to the nearest exit.

• Donald Schlack
    3 years ago

I can't believe I paid almost $1000. for a Flexsteel recliner that in 1 year the seat foam became so crushed and uncomfortable. When I told the store about it they informed me that the cushions would be under warranty, but I had to pay for the labor and travel expenses. What a joke, never again.

• kculbers
    3 years ago

I have a Flexsteel long sofa and loveseat that I purchased about 6 years ago. The fabric we chose is a green grey and very stain resistant and is holding up beautifully. They look as good as the day we received them. They are so firm yet very comfortable. Hubby loved the idea that there are no movable back cushions. Best of luck on your sofa journey❣️

• HU-527333100
    2 years ago

8 year old leather sofa recliner metal internal frame keeps sheering off began doing this within 5 years