Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jadedbaroness

Disappointed with my new chair

JadedBaroness
10 years ago

We recently purchased a chair (and a sectional) from Bassett Furniture. It was quite a pricey purchase (compared to previous furniture purchases) but we were under the impression that we were choosing quality and the price would be worth it.

We chose fabrics for it and it arrived on time. The chair has wood arms and we chose it for both it's aesthetics, function (a recliner that doesn't look like one) and comfort. We *love* the look.

But the arms are chipping at the slightest bump. It now has 3 scratches/dents because of random bumps. Certainly those should not have been significant enough to cause this level of damage (one was a plastic ring my daughter was wearing, one was an ipad that bumped the corner and I have no idea where the third nick came from). I am nervous to think about what this chair will look like in a year if it has these marks after 3-4 short weeks.

I have tried 2 types/colors/brands of stain pen to try to fix the marks. They are not dark enough or thick enough to truly hide the marks. Does anyone have a recommendation of a thick, dark stain pen? Has anyone dealt with Bassett Furniture regarding issues such as this?

Comments (2)