Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Butler Speciality Furniture - Any Experience?

Posted by cloverman (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 15, 10 at 18:18

Butler speciality furniture looks good on the web. But I am concerned if this is good loking but shoddy and cheap chinese made furniture?

Any one has any experience with Butler furniture?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Butler Speciality Furniture - Any Experience?

I purchased a piece of Butler Furniture a couple of years ago after seeing it in person in a local designer shop. I needed a specific size to set our bedroom tv on and this fit the bill. Most of our furniture is quality antique pieces we've had for thirty years and the Butler goes very well with our antiques. I don't know where it's made, but yes I'm assuming it's China. If I had it to do over, I would buy it again and would also consider buying another Butler piece because their designs are very classy and appealing and they do look good in person....and I'm kinda picky.

o

begoniagirl

Thank you. Where did you purchase i? Did you look at it before you purchased it?

o

I did see the piece in person before I purchased it and I approved of the quality. We live in Southern California and I purchased it at a little boutique designer shop called Unique Accents. I still frequent the shop and have recently seen other Butler items there in person and think they are all very nice and, as I said before, they blend with our nice antiques very well.

Where are you located? Is there a shop close to you that carries Butler?

o

begoniagirl
I am in Rochester NY. The problem is most furniture look good on line. I find the most intriguing looking furniture with a lot of design work, seems to come from China. While I am not putting down chinese manufacturers, most of the furniture sold in American stores come from china and almost 90% of them are built to sell [ie low price point, poorer quality.

I am trying to find furniture with good style and good quality.

Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here