Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I want this PB chair in a 'knock-off;' have you seen it?

Posted by sorriso (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 17, 09 at 17:55

It's the Grayson side chair (link below). I want it in apple green but am too chea...thrifty to pay $299 plus.

In essence I'd like a Parsons chair in apple green or a bright yellow or gold for about $100. I don't live in a place with great shopping choices but have hit our super TJ Maxx/HomeGoods and they have loads of chairs but not in the colors I want. Target had nothing, literally an empty floor where they put furniture. Online I've checked Overstock and there are some close but not the combo of color and price, Target, and JC Penney.

Any other thoughts? Please note I'm not fussy about what the chair's covered in. Just color and price and Parson's styling.

Thank you for helping me shop,
Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: Grayson Side Chair in green

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I want this PB chair in a 'knock-off;' have you seen it?

Home Decorators Collection has Parsons chairs in a sage green not apple. $129

HDC also has a chair called Soho Quattro that is parsonish but has a short back and a trapezoidal seat. Apple Green or Yellow $299/two

CB2 has an apple green chair with chrome legs. It is simple but not Parsons $119

You may not get exactly what you want for much less than the PB price.

Actually, although they don't want you to think so...Pottery Barn is already a knock off of sorts. An expensive knock off, but nonetheless. A parsons chair in Edelman or Spinneybeck colored leather could easily top $6-700

o
RE: I want this PB chair in a 'knock-off;' have you seen it?

Good point on the chair already being a knock-off. Thank you for the suggestions. It's too bad for me that I am so dead-set on my colors, TJs had great chairs in the $79 to $129 range in burgundy, brown, black, tan...just no pop of color.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here