Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thomasville McLaughlin Work Over

Posted by shepherdkisses (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 27, 13 at 17:31

We purchased this full grain, motorized reclining leather sofa from McLaughlin's in Novi, MI. We had it a week when we noticed a huge gap in between the top attached back cushion and the bottom cushion when reclined. It is huge! I can fit my leg in it. They won't return my emails and say it is not a flaw. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get my money back. They also said it was half off the reg. price. Found out that was not true either-they have more than one reg. price. Who knew?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thomasville McLaughlin Work Over

If you paid by credit card and you’re unsatisfied with your purchase and the retailer won't accept the return, then Return Protection lets you recoup the funds from your credit card. VISA and American Express call it Return Protection, whereas MasterCard labels it a Satisfaction Guarantee. The periods will differ but in general it's a refund up to a certain dollar amount for a specified period of time.
If you paid by check or cash you can contact the Better Business Bureau, and file a complaint.

o
RE: Thomasville McLaughlin Work Over

Why not take a few photos and go in and visit with the owner of the store. I have a feeling he will be more cooperative if your issue is well documented. At that point you could discuss the possibility of a chargeback. I am sure he will come around. In the mean time make sure the set is clean and don't use it. Keep it covered.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here