Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
infohound2006

Contemporary reclining leather sofas? Ekornes or ???

infohound2006
14 years ago

We're looking for a comfortable recliner sofa / loveseat combination in leather.

DH and I found a Palliser leather sofa for ~$2,500K, very nice to stretch out on. However we'd really like something more contemporary, a lot less heavy-looking. I've been looking at the Ekornes Stressless Paradise ...but it's $5-6,000!

Is the Ekornes really worth the price?? Are there other contemporary leather recliner sofas of median+ quality, but more in the $2-4K range?

I want allergy-proof leather, but we're finishing an extensive remodel and our wallet is very light. I'm also wondering about the Ekornes reclining mechanism. The Ekornes recliner chairs are heavenly, but the reclining sofas don't have the extending calf support like we're used to. Is the Ekornes comfortable for folks with knee problems?

PS. We've already been burned. 10 years ago, we naively bought a leather recliner sofa set. The reclining mechanism is wonderful,.... but the leather is a disaster. It was sticky in summertime, has worn through on the folds and the seat, and now is impossible to get clean. Ugh.

PPS. We're in the SF Bay Area.

Comment (1)