Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Alternative to Wesley Allen Iron Bed

Posted by jmcnyc (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 10, 11 at 16:18

Looking for a iron bed - but Wesley Allen beds are pricey - anyone know where to get a good deal on one - or an less expensive equivalent?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Alternative to Wesley Allen Iron Bed

Not sure where you could get a good deal on the bed, but you might troll Craigslist for one.I have seen them come up at times. Or you could post a wanted ad on craigslist.

I wanted an iron bed and started out looking for the Wesley Allen beds. I loved them. However, in doing my research I came across Brass Beds of VA. Those beds are so well made. Very impressive. The frame alone is worth it. The bed doesn't move at all. The factory is a 2 hour drive from my home, so I went down for a visit. Pat, the owner gave me the tour. If you go to You tube and search BB of VA you'll see it. I ended up with one of those beds and since I got it at the factory it was cheaper than any of the on line stores.

The other alternative I can give you is Benicia Iron Works. I have not seen those beds in real life so I can't attest to the quality. It isd an alternative. When you get to the site you must put in your zip code to get the site to function.

If you really love the Wesley Allen bed why not just save up for it and get something you really love?

Here is a link that might be useful: Benicia Iron Works

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here