Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dkinca

Opinions on custom sofa's

DKinCA
13 years ago

There are various manufacturers of custom made sofa's where you choose the size, arms, frame, fabric, etc...

I've found a few on the web and does anyone have any experience or recommendations on these companies? The Sofa Company in Los Angeles lets you choose the type of spring system (sinuous, 8-way hand tied) but some have suggested that their good YELP reviews are due to them offering a discount when their customers give a positive review. Other companies are Build A Sofa in San Francisco and Stylus, in B.C. Canada.

Pricing seems great in the $1,100 to $1,800 range.

TheSofaCo.com, BuildASofa.com, StylusSofas.com

Comments (2)

• DKinCA
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Looked up warranty info and Stylus Sofas offer a lifetime warranty on the frame, springs, & seat foam. 1 year on the fabric & workmanship.

The Sofa Company offers 1 year on everything (frame, springs, etc...) UNLESS you go for the option of 8-way hand tied and hardwood frame. Then it's lifetime.

Build A Sofa I couldn't locate any warranty info.

• baileybear
    13 years ago

I like Kravets. I purchased some great chairs from them. I am shorter and they made the chairs to suit.

Don't even try a place like Creative Leather. Their product is custom in that you pick from these 3 or 4 things we have. Their warranty is really non existant. Not a good place. But, they charge the dollars.$$$$$

Sounds like you are looking higher end than Creative Leather. Look what Kravets has too offer. It is true custom.