Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shopping for Leather Furniture

Posted by Wolfpackmom (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 9, 13 at 15:28

Please help! I am shopping for Leather furniture. Have never had it before. Have gone to high end furn stores and basic local furn store. Have seen H&M and B/Y, Smith Bros...$2500.+ for a sofa. Ashely furn, Futura, 1200.+ for a sofa. High end I cannot afford but love, low end I a finding very cheap looking. I need something in the middle...any suggestions - maybe $2k for a couch and $1K for chair/ottoman or recliner.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shopping for Leather Furniture

Ashley uses pine plywood frames, low quality leather and overall quality is cheap. They just wont stand behind their product after a few years of use. A hardwood frame doweled, glued and screwed is essential. 8 -gauge No-Sage sinuous wire springs in a hardwood frame will last as long or longer than a 8-way hand tied coils. Many people will try to tell you different but independent laboratory tests and tests by the 2 major spring manaufacturers: Legget & Platt and Hickory Springs will guarantee their sinuous wire springs for life. Buy full grain leather only and dont buy split, bicast or composite man made leather.
Their are a few manufacturers that offer a full grain leather in a hardwood frame for about 1500.00 , icustomsofa is one.

o

One suggestion visit your local retailer and see if they have something on the floor they have had for a while and hasn't sold often times they will sell an item like this for cost or even below cost.

Another check out Craigs list. I know for example a company that sets up shows. They buy high end furniture for the show and then sell it off at cost on Craigs list

o

Leather furniture is one of the most elegant and stylish furniture that one can buy.If you buy online store you can get the great deal possible and find a excellent piece of furniture that will always look good, feel comfortable and last forever.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here