Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wolfpackmom_gw

Shopping for Leather Furniture

Wolfpackmom
11 years ago

Please help! I am shopping for Leather furniture. Have never had it before. Have gone to high end furn stores and basic local furn store. Have seen H&M and B/Y, Smith Bros...$2500.+ for a sofa. Ashely furn, Futura, 1200.+ for a sofa. High end I cannot afford but love, low end I a finding very cheap looking. I need something in the middle...any suggestions - maybe $2k for a couch and $1K for chair/ottoman or recliner.

Comments (3)

• PRO
    iCustomSofa
    11 years ago

Ashley uses pine plywood frames, low quality leather and overall quality is cheap. They just wont stand behind their product after a few years of use. A hardwood frame doweled, glued and screwed is essential. 8 -gauge No-Sage sinuous wire springs in a hardwood frame will last as long or longer than a 8-way hand tied coils. Many people will try to tell you different but independent laboratory tests and tests by the 2 major spring manaufacturers: Legget & Platt and Hickory Springs will guarantee their sinuous wire springs for life. Buy full grain leather only and dont buy split, bicast or composite man made leather.
    Their are a few manufacturers that offer a full grain leather in a hardwood frame for about 1500.00 , icustomsofa is one.

• freethinker99
    11 years ago

One suggestion visit your local retailer and see if they have something on the floor they have had for a while and hasn't sold often times they will sell an item like this for cost or even below cost.

Another check out Craigs list. I know for example a company that sets up shows. They buy high end furniture for the show and then sell it off at cost on Craigs list

• joseph002
    11 years ago

Leather furniture is one of the most elegant and stylish furniture that one can buy.If you buy online store you can get the great deal possible and find a excellent piece of furniture that will always look good, feel comfortable and last forever.