Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help me with choosing matching color for furniture

Posted by ritholtz (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 4, 14 at 13:48

Hi,
I am planning to get leather sofa set for my living room. My budget is limited (2k - 3k). I identified few sofa sets in ashely and rooms2go which fit in my budget. I am thinking of going with individual sets instead of sectional in order to get some space to walk. My layout is little different in the sense, TV is attached to the corner. My hardwood floor color is mix of light and dark brown. I have 5.1 speaker system installed such that main sofa will be facing TV (cornet). We have darker wood kitchen cabinets. I am going to post some pictures of my layout and hardwood floor. Please give me your suggestion about color and type of sofas to complement my living space.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help me with choosing matching color for furniture

Hardwood floor

o

Floor looks darker in low light.

o

Following are the sofa sets I am considering as of now.

http://www.roomstogo.com/product/Leather-Living-Rooms/Sanderson-Walnut-Leather-2-Pc-Reclining-Living-Room/7508625P/

http://www.roomstogo.com/product/Sofas/Gavino-Leather-Power-Reclining-Sofa/15102003/

http://www.ashleyfurniturehomestore.com/Catalog/product.aspx?group=&category=&id=U9900088&spi=0&ref=search-t

o

Any help / information on this is appreciated.

o

Have you looked at la-z-boy? I'm looking for a new couch too. I wasn't excited about shopping there but in store their products are actually quite nice. (Online they are ho-hum and the color options are too computerized to tell for real what they would look like)They have lots of leather options that I think would be in your budget.
Your floors are beautiful! I think you should choose a more medium or lighter tone. If you are set on brown I'd go with the lighter brown. You have a beautiful neutral canvas.

o

Hi GustafsonSuze,
Thanks for your feedback. Sorry for late reply. I will check it out on lazy-boys.
Thanks

o

Dark brown, espresso,leather would look great. The lighter leather in the picture doesn't have enough contrast.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here