Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can you identify this leather couch?

Posted by claycarver (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 16, 11 at 13:41

I'm interesting in purchasing this used leather couch and love seat but the owner can't really give me any information other than these poor quality pictures he's sent my way. Its going to be quite a hike to the owners house and any information about the manufacturer would make me feel more comfortable.

And this is the only tag he says he found on the sofa:

If I can't find the manufacturer, is there any other way to determine if this is a quality piece of furniture or am I just taking a gamble? I really don't want to waste my money on furniture that is going to fall apart in a couple of years. Is there a way to figure out the spring system used, frame build or the quality of leather?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can you identify this leather couch?

Ok, I went out and looked at the sofa and I still have no idea who makes it but it is a total piece of junk. I'm not sure how to tell the framing, coils, and padding of a leather sofa, but I was able do a simple inspection using some information on these message boards to tell that this sofa wasn't well constructed regardless of construction method.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here