Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Calico Corners Classic Home sofa quality

Posted by bae909 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 25, 12 at 13:35

We wandered into a floor sample sale today and were assured that the Classic Home sofa we were looking at (50% off) featured 8-way hand-tied springs. We were also offered reduced prices on labor and fabric for slipcovers (the color of the sofa just won't work in our house). I came home and looked at the Calico Corners website and the specifications on the Classic Home sofas and it appears that they contain Pirelli webbing. I am assuming this means the salesman lied about the spring foundation. Am I correct? Is about $1200 a steal for such a sofa (plus another $1100 for slipcovers)? Any guidance and advice welcome!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Calico Corners Classic Home sofa quality

Their is a lot said in this forum about how to determine if your buying a quality sofa. A high retail price then marked down in by itself doesnt mean your getting a good quality sofa for the money. I have seen manufacturers build the exact same sofa for different markets based upon price alone. Its been said time and time again when looking for a quality sofa, is to know the details: hardwood frames, dowel joinery thats glued & screwed, steel coils or sinuous wire seat, HR foam wrapped and fitted into a sewn cover, backs should have high density foam or back cushions should have high denier polyester either conjugated or cluster (best) fiber filled. Always check their warranty and return policy. You should know this before you purchase any sofa if its 500.00 or 10,000.00

o
RE: Calico Corners Classic Home sofa quality

Salesman either lied or doesn't know better. Doesn't sound like a steal.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here