Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trishann_gw

Grange furniture

trishann
18 years ago

Has anyone ever heard of Grange furniture? I looked at their website and their stuff is pretty nice. I was just wondering if anyone knew about the quality or the price range. Thanks in advance!

Comments (14)

• lizh
    18 years ago

Hi. I'm a decorator and there's a Grange showroom at my local design center so I've seen lots of their furniture. I also have their catalogue. Grange is made in France and very good quality. Most of their casegoods are cherry and there are lots of painted finishes.

Upholstery - some are 8 way hand tied and some are sinuous springs.

I really like their product line and the pieces are not overscaled. This would be furniture you would buy and hand down. Price range is upper med-high, depending on source.

• mel_nj
    18 years ago

In the NY metro area the only retailer that I know that carries Grange is Blommingdales.

• parkie
    18 years ago

Some great looking pieces on the Grange website. I particulary like the Kerala series case goods and tables ("re-interpretation of French Art Deco"). Are any US manufacturers producing furniture with a similar design?

Here is a link that might be useful: Grange Kerala series

• lizh
    18 years ago

Baker has some collections that are inspired by French Deco.
    Go to 'Browse Collections' and then 'Contemporary'.

Here is a link that might be useful: Baker (Barbara Barry, Bill Sofield)

• mama_mia
    18 years ago

I bought a Grange Louis-phillippe bed about 4 years ago and love it. I purchased through a store that is no longer in business, but recently saw that bloomingdales carries some now. There is a Grange store/showroom in Canada (montreal?), I recall I contacted them directly for some questions, and got a catalog through them. there is a way to buy from them and have it delivered to the U.S., but of course you have to pay duty.

• gw:grower-jean
    18 years ago

I like making furniture as my project, I like to make a six drawer dresser But I don't know how can anybody tell me what to do thanks.

• annmarie62
    18 years ago

Hi, I was in 200 Lexington the other day, I don't know if you are in New York, but they have a Showroom there, (Very nice) you can't purchase from them, BUT if you see something you like, you can ask them and they will put you in touch with a designer who will purchase the furniture for you. I think they were on the 6th floor across from Henredon, but I don't remember -- I was all over.

Good Luck.

• agtorange
    17 years ago

There is also a Grange outlet on Empire Avenue in South Hackensack, NJ, not too far out of NYC.

• furnone
    17 years ago

There is a Grange Furniture showroom at the Boston Design Center too.

People, you would probably get more helpful and targeted responses if you would include your geographic location in your postings. I know the New England furniture market but I don't answer to a lot of posts not knowing what part of the country you are in.

• fuzzywuzzer
    17 years ago

Thank you all for sharing this info aboiut Grange. I have been considering Grange for a long time and searched this forum for more info.

Furnone, please don't let geography hold you back. I happen to live in the midsouth, a desert when it comes to furniture-buying. But I do travel to NJ and NYC, and I will stop in on Hackensack when I get a chance!

• jerseygirl66
    17 years ago

agtorange - I've seen ads for sales at the grange outlet. Is it open all the time and are there good buys to be had?

• gina_vausa
    17 years ago

If I remember correctly, ABC carpet and Home in Manhattan has a Grange showroom.

If you are looking for nicer cherry sleighbeds than Grange check out http://www.charlesprogers.com

They are also in Manhattan.

• agtorange
    17 years ago

I think its open Mon-Sat although I've only gone on weekends. There are moderate to significant discounts (of course Grange is pretty expensive to begin with) and the selection is fairly good.

• mice54
    10 years ago

I am interested in looking at a used Grange leather club chair. How do their leather chairs compare to other high end manufacturers? Their website doesn't explain their leather or if chairs are eight way hand tied.

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH