Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
King Hickory versus Temple Furniture

Posted by allie1 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 16, 10 at 12:31

I am getting ready to purchase a sofa sectional. I have researched both a King Hickory set and a set made by Temple furniture. Both seem to be a good quality, except the King Hickory seat cushions seem to be less firm. I found alot of customer responses about King Hickory furniture, but not much about Temple. Does anyone have Temple furniture that they could tell me about? I really need some feedback from real folk. Thanks so much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: King Hickory versus Temple Furniture

I've never heard of Temple but you can special order King Hickory with firmer cushions. The upgrade doesn't cost very much.

o

Temple is located in Maiden NC, about 7 miles or so south of Hickory. Its been a while but last info I have is Temple still uses stick built frames and King Hickory mainly uses engineered plywood.
Almost all upholstery manufactures outsource their cushions to foam fabricators. So many times the cushions are the same, but someone's standard could be another's firmer option, plus their arent that many foam pourers, so they all have about the same types of foam. A good source for info about foam can be found below. The other options are pocketed coil springs and latex, all are upgrades from the standard polyurethane foam and HR is a better grade of polyurethane.

Here is a link that might be useful: polyurethane foam

o

They call it kiln-dried hardwood.

Eight-way hand tied, too.

Here is a link that might be useful: King Hickory specs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here