Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where can I find 18" Seat Height Dining Room Chairs

Posted by daveygirl (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 12:07

I have been scouring the web trying to find somewhere to buy upholstered dining room chairs with an 18" seat height. I would prefer to be able to provide my own fabric (indoor outdoor) for the dining room chairs.

I am having a tough time finding any upholstered dining room chairs in the 18" seat height, most are 19' or 20".

I am having a table made by Amish Tables (super excited!) but they didn't offer fully upholstered chairs. The chairs sold to go with the table are 17.5", so 18" seat height is as high as would be comfortable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where can I find 18" Seat Height Dining Room Chairs

18" is the more-or-less standard height for a dining chair. I'd say keep looking.

o

Have you looked at Fairfield Chair?

Here is a link that might be useful: Fairfield Chair

o

DR Kincaid dining chair 7847-S has 18.5 seat height
Normal dining chair seat height is 19.5 to 20".
Its possible to cut off the legs on some chairs!

o

Look for a small domestic manufacturer that has an option to adjust the seat ht of their chairs. As rmanbike suggested it wouldn't be too difficult to modify the height of most dining room chairs so long as they had a simple desing without turnings on the base.

In my home we have solid cherry dining room chairs that are 16 1/2" and I have seen many chairs this tall so I don't think an 18" chair is that unusal. I think you should try a few other stores.

o

In today's world there are a lot of conveniences. One of them is being able to purchase almost everything, including dining room chairs, online. To make sure you have an enjoyable experience purchasing dining chairs online, make sure to do your research in advance so you know what you're getting before you make the purchase.
The dining room chairs will be one of the first pieces of furniture that your guests will see and more importantly will be sitting in, so it is crucial to have a dining room that is both attractive in appearance and welcoming.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here